There appears a flash screen on some people’s Android 4.2 smartphone. Some Android fans have doubted whether there’s something wrong with the devices. However, this might not be the case since the reason to abnormal behavior might be in setting but not the phone quality. Don’t panic! It is not a problem with neither your smartphone nor OS. In Android 4.2 or even KitKat, when the screen is on low brightness, browsing causes the screen to flicker. If you do encounter this situation, quickly post on our forum to see if you can fix it yourself.
Why is the screen flickering?
They key reason to the flickering issue, is that the OS is not able to decide between hardware GPU or software CPU. The issue is more common when searching applications. This encountered a flickering issue when opening small applications and when browsing on the Chrome app or when using your phone’s screen.
How to solve the flickering issue on screen by Android 4.2
- Go to Settings> More Tab and then to ‘About device’.
- Look for Build number and click a few times till you get a text on your phone’s display saying ‘You’re now a developer.’
- Go back to the Home Screen>Settings>More Tab and then click on the ‘Developer Options’
- Go to the Rendering or Drawing Section and look for Disable hardware overlays or Turn off hardware overlays.
- This forces your smartphone to only use GPU for screen compositing.
The screen keeps flashing?
- Go to Settings >Display>Brightness
- Find the option Automatic/Adaptive brightness and deselect it.
The Automatic/Adaptive brightness option means that the brightness of screen changes according to the outside light. So when you cover your phone’s photometric sensors, the screen become dark and when they are uncovered, the screen becomes bright again.
How to get files back when screen keeps flashing
You also need to save the device files to avoid them from being accessed when your phone’s screen flashes. The Android Data Recovery can help in retrieving files on the phone if you aren’t able to touch the screen to operate it.
- After downloading the Android Data Recovery software, open it and click on Android Broken Data Recovery and then select all the files you want to restore
- You will be asked to make some choices on your phone model, the file type, and the fault type so that your data can be retrieved.
- The software analyzes your device.
- The software then starts to retrieve the files, you will be able to see their names displayed, the details in terms of size, artists, album, etc. of the music or format of the pictures.
Downloading the Android Data Recovery is a good solution, but it solves the issue temporally.
In the meantime, you can use the process hoping that Android will release a permanent solution to retrieve data and to get rid of the flashing issue for good. This typical fix for this issue works on most Android devices. Hope the tutorial will help you solve the flickering and the flashing issue.
Similar / posts
February 24 2017
November 19 2014
October 10 2014