A few weeks ago, we presented you a leaked Android 4.3 test firmware for Galaxy Note II
that was in its early stages. This means it didn't have many of the final features that will be included in the official update.
Today, we have news of a new test firmware that has a newer build date, which means it has less bugs and more features. This firmware is very close to the final version. Thanks to Sammobile
and their insider, you can now install Android 4.3 on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with test firmware XXUEMJ5.
This firmware has all the features that the previous leak
had, plus a few extra. We know it has the transparent status bar and the new Samsung keyboard. The User Interface was modified so it looks similar to the one on the Galaxy Note 3 or Galaxy S4. Android 4.3 will also come with Samsung Knox and Samsung Wallet pre-installed.
Samsung is releasing a new test firmware every 2 days, and we are expecting the official Android 4.3 update for the Note II to be released sometime in November. If you want to give Android 4.3 a test, you must know that a test firmware is still unfinished and may have some small bugs and issues. Also, the official update will probably have more features than this one. Still, we have seen users report that this leak is much smoother and faster than the previous one.
How to install Android 4.3 test firmware XXUEMJ5 on Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
!! This is a test firmware, it is not an official update from Samsung. You will not lose warranty or increase the binary counter by installing this. However, proceed on your own risk.
!Remember to make a full data backup before installing a new firmware.
Country: Open Asia
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 23:49:26 +0000
Product Code: OLB
- Download the firmware - Download N7100XXUEMJ5_N7100OLBEMJ4_N7100XXUEMJ5_OLB.zip
- Download Odin v3.09 and extract the content
- Run Odin v3.09
- Shut down your phone. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down to enter Download Mode.
- Plug your phone to the PC using the USB cable. In ODIN you should see a blue sign in the upper left corner. This indicates that your phone was recognized. (If you don't see this, make sure you have USB debugging activated and that you have all the Samsung drivers for your device installed).
- Click on AP and add the file N7100XXUEMJ5_N7100OLBEMJ4_N7100XXUEMJ5_HOME.tar.md5
- Do NOT check re-partition
- Click on Start and wait a few moments until the installation is finished.
- Reboot the device and start using Android 4.3.
If you can give us any details or screenshots of the Android 4.3 test firmware XXUEMJ5 running on Galaxy Note 2 we would appreciate that and so would our readers.