Samsung S Translator offers you a simple way to translate unheard words or text into many languages. Now, you can understand and translate words and phrases into many different languages, such as English (US & UK), Brazilian, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Italian and Russian. Because translation is an online process, S Translator requires Internet access via Wi-Fi network to give you updated accurate results. Connect your cellphone to the mobile network and follow these steps:
Saving and Sharing Translation
- Open S Translator from “Apps” option
- You can see the languages appearing in the top and bottom boxes, indicating that you can translate words and phrases between these languages. You can choose any of the languages as mentioned above.
- Touch any of the boxes to enter text that needs to be translated using the keyboard. There is a speech button at the bottom that helps you enter text through your voice.
- You can see the translation appearing in both the boxes. Touch speech button to hear the pronunciation of translated words or phrase.
- While using “text to speech” function for the first time, you will see the message asking you to download voice files. You can press “OK” to download high-quality voice files and continue. Before downloading the file, if you don’t want to see this message again and skip download request for future, mark the checkbox “Do not show this message again”. Your device will download the voice files via Samsung Apps. If you want to download extra voice files, you need to sign in to Samsung account.
- Now, touch “Install” or “Free” to start voice file installation.
a) You can also save translations as favorites, so that you can use them in future. After completing the translation, touch Star icon at the top of the screen and save.b) Similarly you can share the translation by pressing “Share” icon available at the top of your screen. Settings
You can set text-to-speech rate, choose auto readout option and other features available in S Translator. To do that, you need to go to Setting options.
Other Useful Options
- TTS readout speed will allow you to adjust appropriate text-to-speech rate.
- You can mark the Auto Readout checkbox so that your S Translator will read out any translation when it is completed
- You can view S Translator help files in Help menu.
Touch the three parallel horizontal bars icon on your screen to access additional options of S Translator.