Barely a few after being introduced to the Android marketplace, the Prisma Photo Editing app has been downloaded on more than 10 million devices. There are tons of simple photo effects apps available for Android users. To stand out, innovative companies have to use complicated intelligent algorithms and creative pieces to create interesting workflows. This is exactly what Prisma Labs, inc. (the company behind Prisma) did. The app is able to mimic the likes of EyeEm and Instagram. It’s powered by a core viewfinder that takes square images and applies up to 30 different filters, modeled after the styles of famous painters and artists such as Picasso and Van Gogh. If you still have no idea how to make use of this app to take your photo editing to a higher new level, this article provides some guidance.
Download Prisma from the Play Store
Follow the following steps
- When you launch the app, you can take a photo in real-time (just like with the Instagram app).
- After you’ve taken a photo, choose from 30+ different artistic filters. Swipe on the image (either right or left) to change the intensity of the filter you have applied.
- The app will use an artificial neural network (yeah) to create a newly transformed photo that looks just like an artwork.
- You can also upload a photo to edit from your Smartphone’s library.
Have it in mind that some filters work better on snaps with landscape while others work better with photos with people. Do some trying out to figure out what works best for what. Using the app is basically very easy – and fun too!
Remove the Prisma logo from your photos
The app will automatically add its logo to any image that you share. However, it’s super easy to disable the watermark.
- The app’s main screen, navigate to ‘Settings’ by tapping on the Settings button (cog icon).
- Disable the ‘Add watermark’ option.
- Press the back key on your device to go back to the main app screen.
You’ll now be able to share photos without the Prisma logo appearing at the lower right corner.
Solve the empty notification bug
Some users have reported getting an empty notification from the Prisma app that doesn’t go away after swiping. This can be pretty frustrating. Fortunately, there’s an easy fix.
- Long press on the notification.
- On most devices, you’ll be taken directly to Prisma’s ‘app notifications’ screen. If your device doesn’t support this, tap on the ‘i’ information icon to go there.
- From within the ‘App notifications’ page, tap on the ‘I’ icon that shows next to Prisma.
- Choose ‘Force stop’ to close to close the app.
- This solves the temporarily solves the problem, but it doesn’t prevent it from recurring. The issue will likely be fully solved once Prisma releases an app update.
Enjoy great artistic workflows using the Prisma Android app!
Image Source: PC Tablet
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE:
Similar / posts
July 25 2016