- Connect your Android phone
- Select device model
- Download recovery package
- Remove Android lock screen without losing data
1. Use Android Device ManagerAndroid Device Manager is one of the best bet. As long as you have logged in your Google account, you can make use of any computer or device to access this service. Once the Device manager acquires a fix, start by hitting the ‘Lock’ button. In case this service have issues when locating your device, click the browser’s refresh button for a few number of times. If your handset is compatible, it should connect to the service within 5 attempts.
2. Use Samsung’s Find My Mobile toolFind My Mobile is another similar service to ADM for the Samsung users. This feature should be the very first thing to use if you forget your screen lock pattern, password, or pin on your Samsung device. Click on this link from any browser and log in your Samsung account. It is good to note that this method only works for those who have set up an account. Moreover, some carriers such as the Sprint tends to lock out the service. After logging into your account tap ‘Lock my screen’ button. Enter a new password and then hit the ‘Lock’ button at the bottom of your screen. The lock screen PIN should be changed in a minute or two.
3. Make use of the ‘Forgot Pattern’ featureIn case your handset is operating via Android 4.4 KitKat or lower, you should make use of the ‘Forgotten Pattern’ feature. After five failed attempts, a message saying ‘Try again in 30 seconds’ pops up. Hit the button at the bottom of the screen saying ‘Forgot Pattern’. Choose ‘Enter Google account details’ and enter your Gmail account and type the password signed primarily with your smartphone. Google sends you an email or changes the unlock pattern right then.
4. Factory reset your handsetA factory rest works in almost every situation more so if you’re more worried about accessing your smartphone rather than saving the data stored in it. On the Nexus handsets, this can be done in the recovery mode. How to Factory Reset your Android device
5. Delete your password file using ADBThis option works if you’ve activated USB debugging in the past. Furthermore, it only works along with the USB debugging service only if you’ve allowed the computer you’re using to connect through ADB. If these requirements have been met, then it is an easy method to unlock your handset. Connect your Android handset to a computer via the USB data cable. Open the command prompt window in the ADB installation directory. Enter adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key and click Enter. Reboot your smartphone and the lock screen PIN should be disappeared, allowing to access your smartphone. Keep in mind that this is temporary, so before you reboot your handset again, make sure you have a new password, PIN, or a new pattern.
Source: Tech Buzz
Similar / posts
December 03 2019
November 25 2019
February 07 2019