Samsung Multi Window feature was originally designed for Galaxy Note smartphones, but because of its bigger screen size, Samsung Galaxy S5 has also taken on this particular feature. Although, very few apps are supported with Multi Window features, it is worth trying if you believe you can save time using two apps on your phone screen simultaneously. Following lines will tell you how you can use this feature.
1. Turning Multi Window On
The process is simple. Follow these steps
- Go to your phone’s setting where you can find “Sound and Display” option.
- Enter “Sound and Display” settings and find “Multi Window” option.
After turning this feature on you will see a button appearing on the left of your screen. It has an icon with an arrow. You can use this button to open the Multi Window drawer and manage two apps at a time.
- Long press the “Back” button to hide this icon.
- Long pressing it again will launch Multi Window.
You can set the position of Multi Window drawer by dragging it from left to right side of your screen.
2. Launching two apps on your screen via Multi Window
3. Using Multi Window Separator
- Tap on the icon to pull out Multi Window Drawer
- Press, hold and drag two apps to the upper and lower halves of Samsung Galaxy S5 screen.
These apps will be separated by a line having a circle in the middle. You can resize these apps by dragging the line up or down. You can tap on the circle to switch windows position, close highlighted app, or you can even swap the data between the apps if they support each other. Double-tapping the circle will redistribute both windows in 50/50.
4. Editing Apps in Multi Window Drawer
You will see a dotted triangle at the bottom of Multi Window drawer. It reveals two options, one of which allows you to manage your apps in the drawer. “Edit” option will enable you to choose the app and its position in your drawer. However, it depends whether the app is compatible with Multi Window feature, such as Facebook, Google apps and few others.
5. Creating “Window groups”
Samsung Galaxy S5 allows you to pair the same two apps, which you use together every now and then. Follow these simple steps:
- Choose and open the two apps to make a pair.
- Tap on Multi Window drawer
- Tap on the dotted triangle.
- Tap on the “Create” button.
- Choose the name or leave the default name as it is
- Press “OK”
You can rearrange the window groups in your drawer just like the way you manage your apps.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Multi Window allows you to work efficiently, particularly if you like using social media platforms. This feature is surely worth a try.