Google photos is a great new way to share and store your photos online but the problem is how to transfer your existing photos to Google Photos. Majority of people who like to store and keep records of their memories in photo format use Flickr. Flickr offers an amazing storage speed of 1TB, probably more than any other online platform. Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer your Flickr photos to your computer automatically. This article will guide you through the process on how you can transfer your pictures from Flickr to Google. Before we begin, check out our post on "How to Automatically Backup Photos & Videos on Android."
- Go to Flickr website and sign in or simply download their desktop app.
- Select the photos you want to transfer from Flickr servers to Google.
- Click on the download button and wait for the file to be downloaded.
- It is likely to be a larger .ZIP file. Extract the files to a folder of your choosing.
Now that you have the photos on your computer it's time to transfer them to Google Photos. It can be done in 2 ways.
- Install Google Photos Backup & sign in with your Google Account.
- Select the photos you want to transfer.
- Chose quality of pictures.
- Wait for the files to be transferred.
- Go to Google Photos website and sign in.
- Select the type of image (high quality or original)
- Select the files and click upload.
It is important to remember, especially if you have a large collection of photos to wait and let Google process your new library on its servers. After all the uploading you can now delete the photos from your computer.