- Smaller Size - the curved display comes along with so many unique features which are a great advantage to users. First of all, giving a phone such a surface has made it possible for these companies to produce smaller size phones - that are not bulky! It feels comfortable when one is carrying a lightweight phone in their pockets and purses where they fit well without sliding.
- Visual Quality - it has also been a great way for improving the overall visual of the screen. Sometimes it gets difficult viewing your smartphone’s screen in presence of light but this has been made easier because the shape gives the screen a proper reflectance thus increasing the quality of the image and the overall contrast. The curved display doesn’t allow direct light to fall on your screen and that is the reason it easily visualizes.
- Durability – this is the other reason why smartphones have curved screens. Indeed, curved displays make a device more durable. In case the phone accidentally drops on a hard surface, it will not get direct contact thus there is some reduced pressure under which the phone hits the surface. This may sound like simple physics, but it goes a long way towards enhancing the life-quality of the display.
- Results - the results of this unique screen are incredible. For instance, users are able to use the Roll Effect in checking for important information including the time, date, missed calls. More notably, all this is possible while the screen is off. It is also more comfortable to hold as it fits well in the user’s hands making it easy to operate.
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool