Breaking Down the Best FireStick appsThe way the Amazon Fire TV user interface has been designed makes it blend into the home entertainment system. It may seem almost unrecognizable from the original Android OS you’re used to working with every day, but Fire TV is based on it. Hence, all of the best FireStick apps for your home entertainment system are actually your everyday Android apps. There is one significant difference though, which is the fact that the Fire TV apps are optimized for big-screen viewing. There are, however, limitations to which apps you can install on Fire TV, which are bound to the Amazon Appstore. We’ve already established a guide on how you can essentially unlock the Amazon Fire TV and sideload any app easily. Follow the guide down below to find out how you can install any app your Fire TV using the “Unknown Sources” feature: How to install any Android app on your Amazon Fire TV Stick Now that you know that Amazon Fire TV is just a mutated version of Android, it’s easy to realize that there are thousands of apps at your disposal. Sorting the mess so that you don’t have to, here are the best FireStick apps for your Amazon Fire TV. Breaking it all down by categories, here’s our hand-picked selection to help you maximize your entertainment experience online.
Best FireStick Apps for Video Entertainment
1. NetflixNetflix is the largest online streaming service in the world that spans hundreds of countries across the world. With billions of dollars invested on its in-house Netflix Originals itself, Netflix has been infused with Amazon Fire TV to offer a phenomenal entertainment experience. You will need a premium subscription to enjoy thousands of movies and TV shows, with Alexa integration for easy navigation.
3. HuluAnother mammoth streaming service that finds most of its prominence in the United States, Hulu does stand apart. Starting off with some free content right off the bat, Hulu offers a plan-based service that makes it more flexible. You can subscribe to the Hulu Live TV plan for access and even choose Limited Commercials or No Commercials plan. Additionally, you can bring in other streaming services like HBO Now, STARZ, SHOWTIME, and many others and manage all of your favorite content from a single platform.
4. Sling TVVideo-On-Demand service like Netflix may have eliminated the role of advertisements, but the ability to switch through channels is missing. That’s where Sling TV comes into the picture as your modern, cable-free TV service with everything from news channels to kid’s TV shows. Broken down into different subscription plans such as Sling Blue and Sling Orange, you can even add thousands of additional channels with the extras.
Best FireStick Apps for Music Streaming
7. Amazon MusicThe flagship music app that comes with the Amazon Prime package, Amazon Music packs a collection of 50 million+ songs. Amazon Music comes not only offers original tracks from Platinum artists, but it also brings hand-curated playlists from the composers. While the collection might sometimes fall short in the face of Spotify, being offered as an ad-service makes it worthwhile.
8. TuneIn RadioGone are the times when radio was just a service you used to enjoy tunes on your way to work. Thanks to the power of the internet, TuneIn Radio has revolutionized the way modern radio work along with Fire TV. Packing a collection of over 10,000 stations and millions of on-demand shows, there’s everything from TEDTalks and BBC, to sports and podcasts, there’s nothing TuneIn Radio doesn’t offer.
Best FireStick Apps for News & Sports
9. BBC NewsOne of the oldest news channels created all the back during the World War era, the British Broadcast Channel has become web-friendly, and thanks to Amazon Fire TV, you now have it on the big screen. From enjoying full-length documentaries and in-depth analysis to a short and quick news flash, everything is offered for free. Since the web service is updated over the day, you’re never disconnected from the latest breaking news no matter what.
11. ESPNThe biggest name in the sports entertainment industry has made its way into the list of the best FireStick apps. ESPN network comprising of MLB, College Football, NBA, NFL and so much more is compressed and packed into the app. While the free version offers a bunch of information, the ESPN+ premium service brings the round-the-clock broadcast of sports events worldwide.
Best FireStick Apps for Utility
13. PlexIf you have an entire collection of TV shows and movies that you have downloaded on your computer or any other media device, Plex is the service you need to connect all of it to your Fire TV. By adding all of your media content to the Plex app, log into your Plex account from the Fire TV. Once you’ve created a wireless home entertainment system, streaming content from your interconnected system is made easy.
14. ExpressVPNRated one of the fastest VPN services among the users, ExpressVPN spans across 90 countries and 145 cities. The service is one of the few that guarantees dedicated servers for media streaming, with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’ve ever wanted to access multi-regional services like Netflix and Hulu on your Fire TV, ExpressVPN is just what you need in your arsenal.
Wrapping it upWhen you experience the boiled-down version of the Amazon Appstore on your Fire TV, it can seem disappointing. Compared to the millions of apps you find on the Google Play Store, there are only a fraction of them available for the Amazon Fire TV officially. However, if you do ever want to add the unofficially supported apps to the bunch, sideloading apps is the way. Which of the best FireStick apps from this list going to find a permanent home on your Amazon Fire TV? Be sure to mention your absolute favorites in the comments section right down below, or mention your personal favorites and we’ll be sure to review them too.
Similar / posts
January 19 2020
January 16 2020
January 13 2020