If you’re tired of Google’s blobby emojis and would like to give the iPhone’s sleek ones a try on your Pixel Smartphone, there’s a way to do that now. You’ll need to install a root and customer recovery mod to make this happens, but it only takes a couple of simple steps. This works on both the Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones.
After you install the new mods on your Pixel, all your emojis and most applications will be replaced with their iOS 10 counterparts. It’s definitely worth a look. Here’s how to make it happen.
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Option 1: use flashable ZIP
This is the first option that you have to get those sleek iPhone Emojis on your Google Pixel smartphone. You’ll need to get flashable ZIP, created by WETA ROM developer Mentalmuso. This option works with or without root, as long as you’ve got some custom recovery such as TWRP installed.
- Download the emoji-changing flashable ZIP here.
- Once you’ve got the download on your Pixel or Pixel XL, boot your phone into
- Make a quick NANDroid backup, then tap ‘Install’ button from the TWRP main menu.
- Navigate to your device’s Download folder, select the zip file that you downloaded above, and then swipe the slider located on the bottom of your screen. You should be able to see the AROMA installer at this point. Aroma is a touch-based UI that customizes flashable ZIPs in recovery.
- Tap ‘Next’ at the bottom right of the screen, then choose ‘IOS 10.2’ option.
- Tap ‘Next’ again, then press ‘Install WETA’.
- Tap ‘Finish’ when asked and then hit ‘Reboot System’ when sent back to the TWRP Recovery.
Option 2: use Emoji Switcher
Some of us just aren’t comfortable using TWRP and that other technical-sounding stuff from above. A simpler way out involves using an app called Emoji Switcher (root). This might not be possible for users whose Pixel smartphones are not rooted.
- Download the Emoji Switcher app from the Play Store.
- Next, launch the Emoji Switcher app and tap ‘Grant’ in the Superuser access dialog.
- Choose ‘IOS 10.2’ from the drop down menu
- Tap on the ‘Set’ button to finish the installation of iPhone Emojis, then press on ‘Reboot’ when prompted to conclude things
Have fun with your iPhone Emojis
Whether you followed through with option 1 or 2, you should now have pretty iOS 10 Emojis available on your Pixel or Pixel XL smartphone. The good part is that the Emojis are changed at the system level, which means the new look propagates to every app on your phone. However, some apps such as WhatsApp have their own Emojis. Other than that, you’re good to go with iOS 10 all over your device.
Image Source: Gadget Hacks
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.
Similar / posts
October 09 2017