In this tutorial, we will take you through the steps of installing the Official Jelly Bean UCMC1 released on April 9th for AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, the Deodexed version. Deodexed ROMs are usually useful if you want to install Custom MODs on your device. This version is NOT rooted, you can root your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket by following the steps here, after you flash the ROM.
Before installing the Deodexed UCMC1 on your device, you need to take care of some pre-requisites:
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
- You will need a Custom Recovery installed in order to flash the ROM. Here’s a tutorial for installing TWRP 18.104.22.168 on your device.
- After you install the custom recovery, do a NANDROID backup to make sure you can restore your previous ROM in case something goes wrong.
- You will continue on your own risk, and you cannot hold us responsible is something goes wrong.
- Now you’re ready to install Deodexed UCMC1.
How to install DEODEXED Jelly Bean UCMC1 on Galaxy S2 Skyrocket:
- First you will need to download the ROM from here – ATT-SGH-I727-UCMC1-STOCK-deodexed.zip.
- Place the downloaded file on the sd card of your device.
- Reboot in Recovery Mode. For that you have to press both volume keys at the same time and hold them. While still holding the buttons, press the Power key. Release the Power button only when the phone vibrates or the logo appears on the screen. Release the volume keys only when the screen turns black. You are in Recovery Mode now.
- Format system and perform a Wipe Data Cache Partition from the Recovery Menu.
- Choose Install and then Select the zip file you downloaded at step 1 from the phone’s sd card.
At the end reboot your device, ans you should have Deodexed Jelly Bean UCMC1 installed on your SGH-I727 Galaxy S2.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.