We’ve all been there.
You’re on your phone listening to music or talking to your friends and it happens. Your speaker stops working altogether. You try turning up the volume, turning the phone off and on, and banging the phone against a wall. Nothing works.
You, my friend, have an Android speaker problem.
If your phone is having speaker issues, Updato has you covered.
All you have to do is go through the super helpful troubleshooting guide below to figure out what the problem is with your speaker and how to fix it.
The Android Speaker Problem Troubleshooting Guide
Step 1: Identify the issue
“No sound is coming out of my speaker.”
If you’re experiencing this, there could be a few reasons why. Par example, you might be using a headset or other device with your phone, which could be causing speaker problems. Either way, you’ve got issues. Move on to Step 2.
Step 2: See if your headset is causing the issue
- Remove any and all accessories you’re using, including your headset, and place a test call by leaving a message on your voicemail.
- Check your voicemail messages and play back the test message.
- If you can hear the message, you will need to replace the headset.
- If you can’t hear the message, move on to step 3.
Step 3: Test the external speakers
- Make a test video clip with audio and record your voice for a few seconds.
- Play back the recording on your external speakers.
- If you can hear the audio, the speakers are fine.
- If you can’t, try performing a factory data reset.
- If that works, great! If not, move onto Step 4.
Step 4: Let the pros handle it
- If none of the steps above have fixed your Android speaker problem, get your phone checked out at a service center. You may have a hardware issue, which means you’ll need to have the speaker replaced.
Cell phones are expensive tools that we use constantly throughout our daily lives. Few things are more frustrating than when they don’t work. But having an Android speaker problem isn’t the end of the world. Once you remove your headset, test the speakers, and hightail it over to your nearest Samsung dealer if need be, you’ll be back up and running in no time.
Ever had trouble getting your phone to turn on? Click here for more info on how to fix this problem.