AOKP build 4 is the latest version of the well known Open Kang Custom ROM. It is now available for Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 featuring the latest Jelly Bean out there. It has lots of features and it is also very stable. By installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toro on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 you basically update it to the latest version of Android 4.2.2. This is not the official update method for your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 thus you should be careful with the procedure. If you want to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toro today, you can read the pre-requisites and then follow the step-by-step guide for Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 below.
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toro on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515, you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 installed on your computer.
Important!! Installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toro on Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515.
For the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toro on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515, we will use a zip file (aokp_toro_jb-mr1_build-4.zip) that can be flashed with CWM Recovery. It is recommended that you perform a full wipe before the installation. If anything goes wrong after installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toro, you can return to your previous ROM using the Nandroid you made.
How to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toro based on Android 4.2.2 on Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515:
- Connect Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 to the computer and move aokp_toro_jb-mr1_build-4.zip and Google Apps on the Sd card (don’t extract).
- Disconnect and turn off the device.
- Boot the Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 in Recovery Mode (Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons).
- Make sure you did the Nandroid backup. If not, do it now.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then Format/system.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose aokp_toro_jb-mr1_build-4.zip from the sd card, then press Install.
- Repeat the previous step for the Google Apps file.
- Wait for the installation on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 to finish.
You should now have AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toro installed on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 and ready to use. Use the Nandroid backup to return to your previous ROM in case there is something wrong.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.