Galaxy S2 I9100 has received the real deal from Samsung. A leaked version of the latest update XXLSJ containing Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean has made its place on the internet and thousands of users are already installing it on their phones.
This is actually a test version of the upcoming update, but it normally doesn’t have bugs, maybe small ones that should be fixed untill the final version comes. From what the users that installed are saying, the OS works buttery smooth indeed and it is also really stable.
The fact that this test version is so good, almost perfect I could say, is a good sign that Samsung will release the official update soon now. The end of November seems to be the date.
Here’s what Jelly Bean is offering new for Galaxy S2 i9100:
- Project Butter –> increased stability and smooth performance
- TouchWiz Nature UX –> same as SGS3 and Note 2
- Cloud Services from Samsung
- Pop-up play features
- Direct Call
- Smart stay
- 2 Home screen modes
- Updated Notification bar
- Google Now
If you want to install update XXLSJ Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 you will have to do it with ODIN because as we said this is a LEAKED version, not an official one. So be very careful and make sure you know what you are doing.
Version: 4.1.2 Jelly BeanJZO54K
How to install update XXLSJ on Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100:
- Download I9100XXSLJ Update package
- The package contains PDA I9100XXLSJ, CSC, I9100OXXLS1 and MODEM I9100XXLS6
- Open Odin which is downloaded with the package
- Turn off the phone
- Restart in download mode (Volume Down + Home + Power)
- Connect the phone to the USB port of the PC
- Wait for Odin to register the device. Wait for the yellow sign in the left top corner
- Click on PDA and add the CODE_I9100XXLSJ.tar file there
- Click on Phone and add MODEM_I9100XXLS6.tar file there
- Click on CSC and add CSC_HOME_OXX_I9100OXXLS1.tar file there
- Look at the Re-partition option and make sure it is NOT checked
- Click START
- Wait for the installation to finish
- After the phone is restarted the installation is done
This is how you install latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update on your Galaxy S2 device. Hope you managed to finish the installation and you are know enjoying the new OS on your device. Check out our category Android How To for more guide for your Galaxy S2 device.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: