The LTE-A model of the Samsung Galaxy S5 is now running the latest version of Android. The update is being availed to users in stages meaning some of the S5 users will wait for a short period before they can install the updates while others will have to wait much longer. Once Android 5.0 Lollipop is available for update on your LTE-A S5 handset, an update message should appear on the notification bar.
Once you get this message, all you are supposed to do is download the app then install it to your device. You can perform a manual check on your device by going to the settings then check for the system updates. Moreover, you can connect the S5 to the PC and check for system updates through KIES.
The new update is set to improve the existing Galaxy S5’s OS features and as well introduce new features such as:
- Multiuser support
- Smart lock Android runtime
- Performance boosts
- Screen pinning
- Lock screen notifications
- Better battery stats
The LTE-A Android 5.0 update has a software version G906SKU1BOB8 with a size of 800MB. It is recommended for Android users to download the app using WIFI to avoid unnecessary data charges.
You can also update your S5 LTE-A to Android 5.0 using Odin. There are guidelines for installing the new version using Odin:
- Download Samsung KIES and Odin to your computer.
- Unzip Odin then install the program
- Use the KIES to install S5 USB drivers on the computer
- Download the Android update in your computer
- Run Odin and then enter the download mode.
- Connect the LTE-A to the computer by connecting it to the USB cable
- Odin will identify the S5 and an ‘added’ message will be appear on the program
- Select the PA option then pick the Android firmware document from the desktop.
- Click start to manually install the Lollipop update in your handset
After the pass message is displayed remove the cable and reboot your device