Galaxy S3 I9305 owners, I bring in good news today: Android 4.3 has officially been released! And more importantly, the update is different from the one released for the International non-LTE model I9300. This means it doesn’t have the same bugs and stability issues.
Now that we cleared this out of the way, lets go through what’s new with the update. As you know, Samsung changed a lot with Android 4.3 bringing the Galaxy S3 closer to the S4 and Note 3 experience.
Here’s what’s new:
- As announced, the device is now Galaxy Gear compatible.
- TRIM support was added. This will make your device faster.
- ANT+ support was added.
- A new Samsung Keyboard was added.
- Lockscreen Interface modifications: added multiple widgets, option to change clock size and set a personal message.
- 2 new Screen Modes added: Adapt display and Professional Photo.
- Daydream mode.
- Actionable notifications.
- You can now use the ‘move to sd card‘ option.
- Camera mode added: Sound and Shot.
- The Settings Interface is now the same as the one found on the Galaxy S4 (with tabbed interface)
- Voice controls and S-Voice from Galaxy S4 were added (control your device by giving voice commands)
- Main Samsung apps updated: Contacts, Calc, Clock, Music and Gallery.
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
Where is the update available
Update I9305XXUEMKC is currently available in Germany and Spain. You can install it by going to Settings>About phone>System Updates, or you could use Samsung Kies.
While the update was only released in Germany and Spain (for carrier Vodafone), we know that this is how Samsung releases its updates. So be patient and wait until it is available for your country. We’ll add here all the countries that have received the update, so stay close.
Download Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3 I9305
You can also download the update and install it manually using Odin, however this is not recommended unless you are an experienced user and know what you are doing. Here are the download links for the current available firmwares:
Spain(Vodafone): Download I9305XXUEMKC_I9305ATLEMK2_ATL.zip
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: