If you are currently located in the US and you are rocking NVIDIA’s Shield Tablet specifically the LTE variant, then you should look out for an Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update notification. After the company previously rolled out the same update to the Wi-Fi based versions of their tablet device, NVIDIA has come out to confirm that the update is also being pushed out to the LTE-supported editions in the U.S.
According to NVIDIA, here are some of the improvements and fixes you can look forward to:
- New Vulkan API support introduced for increased efficiency in accessing SHIELD’s graphics hardware.
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow enhancements
- Introduced support for USB MIDI support
- Memory compression enhancement introduced
- Compass functionality fixes
- Issues with Gamepad Mapper have been fixed.
- Security Patch Level upgraded to Android 6.0 March 1, 2016.
- Issues with app transfer to SD card have been resolved.
- Doom 3 HDMI output issue resolved.
- Security enhancements as well as an overall stability.
Click here to find out about other improvements the update brings.
If the update notification is yet to reach your device, consider going into your tablet’s Settings to check for the update manually.
Leave us a comment below once you get a chance to update your SHIELD tablet.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: