Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 test firmware XXUEMI8 just got leaked.
As we previously announced you, Samsung started testing Android 4.3 for Samsung Galaxy S4 a short while ago, and the first results are now out. Thanks to the guys at Sammobile who got their hands on the test firmware, Galaxy S4 users can now update their devices to the latest Jelly Bean 4.3.
A short description of the firmware: Version XXUEMI8 is based on Android 4.3, and it is available only for Samsung GT-I9505 (the International LTE Qualcomm version). If you don’t know what your device model is, go to Settings and About phone, you should see the model number there. It addresses the Open Europe region, also coded ‘OXA’.
What are the features of Test Firmware XXUEMI8: As we do not own a Galaxy S4, we cannot tell you from our own experience how the firmware performs. However after a detailed analysis of the major forums and Android communities we can give you the general opinion on the improvements that come with this firmware.
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
First of all, you can see an immediate improvement in performance and the way the device generally behaves. It is much smoother than the previous 4.2 version, and it is definitely LAG FREE. This should be one of the best news, since one of the biggest issues with Galaxy S4 was the lag.
Another thing that we can tell you is that it comes with Samsung KNOX and Samsung Wallet installed.
Some other noticeable modifications at the Interface level are a new reading mode that works with certain apps for now, that allows for a better reading experience. Except for these slight changes, most of the improvement comes in the software development. This version is very stable and performs incredibly well.
Here is a Video showcasing these minor changes with Android 4.3:
How to install Android 4.3 Test Firmware XXUEMI8 on Samsung Galaxy S4:
First of all, remember that this isn’t an official update released by Android, but it’s a Test Firmware used by Samsung on the Galaxy S4 and leaked on the internet.
You can flash this using Odin, but first: This will not increase the binary counter nor void your phone’s warranty. Make sure you backup all your important data before applying this update. Proceed at your own risk.
Download Android 4.3 test firmware XXUEMI8: Download I9505XXUEMI8_I9505OXAEMI8_I9505XXUEMI8_OXA.zip
- Now extract the files from the archive above.
- Now download Odin3 v3.09 and extract the files inside. Run Odin 3 v3.09 on your PC.
- After you do this, reboot your Galaxy S4 in Download Mode with the combination Home+Power+Volume Down.
- Connect your device to the PC using the USB cable (make sure you have the Samsung drivers installed and that Kies is not running!).
- If everything is all right, you should get a blue sign in Odin that indicates the connection has been established.
- In the extracted files from the downloaded test firmware, you will notice that you have 4 files. Each of them has a prefix in from of the name: AP, BL, CP and CSC. You will notice that ODIN has 4 buttons with the same names. Add the 4 files to their matching category (Press AP and add the AP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 file, press BL and add the BL_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar file and so on)
- Re-partition should NOT be checked.
- You are now ready to click on start and let the update procedure begin.
That’s it for now, if you managed to Update Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Test Firmware XXUEMI8, please share with us your experience.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: