The iPhone 5 has been just released and it’s already the leader in web traffic, of all smartphones. Until now, Samsung Galaxy S3 was number one, though Samsung has always been behind Apple, if we are to count all their smartphones.

As you probably expected, the two companies count for more than 50% of mobile web traffic, reaching 63%, to be more exact, while the other smartphones only generate 37% of web traffic.

The iPhone 5 alone makes 3% of all smartphone web traffic, while the Galaxy S3 is right behind, with 2%, according to Chitika analytics

DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.

While the Galaxy S3 holds a really decent piece of the marketshare, Samsung all-together doesn’t hold so well. While Apple accounts for 46% of web traffic, Samsung only generates 17%, though the Korean maker has dozens on smartphones on the market at the moment, while Apple is only selling the iPhone 5, 4S and 4. The other models are still in use, including the original iPhone, 3G and 3GS, though they have been discontinued.

It came as no surprise to find the old leader RIM generating only 2% of web traffic and Windows Phone just 1%. While Windows Phone is pretty new and didn’t manage to gain traction yet, we can’t say the same thing about Blackberry, which was dominating the market a few years back.

Blackberry failed to keep up with the market’s needs and their sales plummeted. On the other side, Microsoft released Windows Phone, which has been written from the scratch, so Windows Mobile apps became incompatible, which kept people from adopting the new OS. But Windows Phone 8 is due to be released and Microsoft is investing a considerable amount of money in the ecosystem, which might help them generate some sales. Their partnership with Nokia will definitely help, but currently sales stopped, because Microsoft announced that no Windows Phone 7 or 7.5 device will be upgradeable to Windows Phone 8, which made people reticent.

The fight remains between Apple and Samsung, which use the two most popular mobile operating system, the iOS and Android. The latter also managed to grow extremely fast, gaining leadership in just a few years.

While the iOS is a closed ecosystem, which doesn’t allow the user to do much customization, Android is offering the users freedom, though it does have some limits too. Fortunately there’s a way to bypass the limitation by either jailbreaking the iOS or rooting Android.

View Comments


unlock your phone

Easily and safely unlock your phone for any network provider in just minutes.

Get Started

LATEST FROM YOUTUBE:

Similar / posts

IPhone 5, claimed by Samsung!

IPhone 5 vs Galaxy S III – SCREENS ACCURACY

Samsung looking to ban the US sale of iPhone 5

What's my model number?

There are several ways to locate your model number:

Option 1
On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
Option 2
Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
Option 3
Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool

Looks like you're using an ad blocker.

We get it: ads aren't what you're here for...

But ad revenue is our only way to manage this site. Without ad revenue we won't be able to continue to provide quality content and free firmware downloads.

Please disable your ad blocker or whitelist Updato.com in order to continue into Updato's ad-light experience.

Thanks for your support!