After a long series of nightlies of the already very popular CyanogenMod custom ROM, the team released a new stable version carrying the series number M7. The previous M version was M6 and it was released already quite a while ago. If you didn’t know, the CyanogenMod team switched from RC and Stable builds to M series builds, which makes this latest CyanogenMod 11 M7 the most stable version yet.
Go ahead and make a visit to the CyanogenMod download center and search for your device there. The M7 build is only available for a limited number of devices for now, but you shouldn’t have to wait long until you get want also.
Meanwhile, take a look at the official changelog from the CyanogenMod blog:
- Common: Theme Chooser UI Overhaul
- Common: Calculator app redesign (courtesy Xlythe)
- Common: Performance Profiles
- Common: Improved theming performance on low memory devices (~512MB RAM or less)
- Trebuchet: Move settings to new slide-out panel
- Trebuchet: Consolidate settings for home and drawer options
- Media: Add FFMPEG support (expanded media format support)
- Bluetooth: Improved support for new car audio systems and docks
- Various small bugfixes, global and device-specific
Don’t forget to backup everything before flashing a new ROM and always follow the instructions carefully. Everything should go ok from here.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: