After a long series of nightlies of the already very popular CyanogenMod custom ROM, the team released a new stable version carrying the series number M7. The previous M version was M6 and it was released already quite a while ago. If you didn’t know, the CyanogenMod team switched from RC and Stable builds to M series builds, which makes this latest CyanogenMod 11 M7 the most stable version yet.
Go ahead and make a visit to the CyanogenMod download center and search for your device there. The M7 build is only available for a limited number of devices for now, but you shouldn’t have to wait long until you get want also.
Meanwhile, take a look at the official changelog from the CyanogenMod blog:
- Common: Theme Chooser UI Overhaul
- Common: Calculator app redesign (courtesy Xlythe)
- Common: Performance Profiles
- Common: Improved theming performance on low memory devices (~512MB RAM or less)
- Trebuchet: Move settings to new slide-out panel
- Trebuchet: Consolidate settings for home and drawer options
- Media: Add FFMPEG support (expanded media format support)
- Bluetooth: Improved support for new car audio systems and docks
- Various small bugfixes, global and device-specific
Don’t forget to backup everything before flashing a new ROM and always follow the instructions carefully. Everything should go ok from here.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: