Yesterday two new tablets were announced by Samsung Electronics America to be coming to the United States market. The Sammy’s new Tab A tablets comes in 9.7” and 8.0”sizes. Galaxy Tab A tablets are suited for keeping in touch with family and friends. Below are specs for both tablets:
- SoC – both handsets use the 100MHz Adreno 306 GPU and Snapdragon 410 and 4×1.2GHz Cortex A53.
- RAM/NAND – The Galaxy Tab A tablets have a memory of 1.5GB RAM and a 16 or 32GB MicroSDXC + NAND
- Display – Both tablets have a 1024 X 768 PLS LCD display.
- Dimensions – The Galaxy Tab A, 8.0” has a dimension of 208.4 X 137.9 X 7.5mm and a weight of 313 grams. The Tab A 9.7” has a dimension of 242.5 X 166.8 X 7.5mm and has a weight of 449 grams.
- Camera – Both handsets have a 5MP Rear Facing camera and a 2MP Front facing camera.
- Battery – The Galaxy Tab A has battery capacity of 4200MAh while the Galaxy Tab A has a battery capacity of 6000mAh.
- OS – Both handsets will use Android 5.0 Lollipop update.
- Connectivity – Both tablets have a connectivity of 802.11 a/b/g/n and a microUSB2.0
Both tablets have almost similar specs. They are only differentiated by the size of the displays, battery capacity and dimensions. The price for both tablets should be approximately the same. Pricing the Galaxy Tab, 9.7” higher than the 8.0” model would not make sense.
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
Both handsets have a 4:3 aspect ratio, which is totally different from that of 16:10 ratio of Samsung tablets produced in the past. The tablets have full metal chassis which is an improvement from the plastic case in other models.
Both tablets are available for preorder and they will start shipping on 1ST May in Unites states. The 8.0” tablet costs $229 whereas the 9.7” tablet costs $299. The tablet will have Microsoft office for Android apps pre-installed.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: