- Samsung introduced the Galaxy S4 lockscreen features such as Multiple widgets, Ripple and light unlock effects, a better ripple effect than the one in Android 4.1.2 and the possibility to write a personalized message on the lockscreen.
- They added Adapt Display and Professional Photo screen modes also from S4.
- Features such as Daydream, Driving Mode and S-Voice are updated to latest versions.
- The notification center has been slightly modified.
- The User Interface is now the same as with the S4.
- Voice control adds new commands.
- Added the Smart Switch Widget.
- And probably other features that are undiscovered for now.
While waiting for an official release of Android 4.2.2 for Galaxy S3, the guys at Sammobile have exclusively got their hands on an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean test firmware and were kind enough to pass it to the public. This new firmware brings some exciting new features that can be seen on the Galaxy S4, though some of the more sophisticated ones such as Dual Camera are not yet integrated. But this is just a test firmware so we can expect many more additions to the official firmware. We are expecting the official Android 4.2.2 release sometime in June, but until then you can get a preview of it with this leaked firmware. Here's what's new in Android 4.2.2 for Galaxy S4, for now:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool