Great news for everybody using the GT-I9505 version of the Samsung Galaxy S4. A testing build with Android 4.4.2 was leaked to the guys at Sammobile
and you can now download it. Although there are a few minor issues with it there is no big flaw in this firmware that has been noticed until now. This build is expected to be officially launched somewhere around February or March but it could even take longer than that. What is important is that this version, although being a test one, is pretty stable.
There are some changes brought to the user interface with this new version of Android. The most noticeable of these changes are the white icons from the status bar which used to be green in the older 4.3 Gingerbread version. Not to mention the transparent status bar. Android 4.4.2 brought about a slight increase in benchmarks and performance has somewhat increased. There is also a change for the best in the landscape keyboard and the camera is accessible from the lock-screen.
Thu, 2 Jan 2014 23:30:51 +0000
I9505XXUFNA1 DOWNLOAD LINK
: We have to remind you that you are responsible for anything that happens to your phone as a consequence of performing these actions and this version, although a stable one with very few flaws, is not an official one yet. However, it will not void your warranty.
- Download I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_OXA.zip
- You will have to use Odin and you can download it from here.
- Extract Odin and then open Odin v3.09.
- You will have to restart you phone and enterdownload mode by holding Home, Power and Volume Down at the same time.
- Connect your phone. It will be ready when you get a blue sign in Odin.
- DO NOT tick Re-partition.
- Press Start and then wait for the process to continue.
After the reboot your phone should be running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. If there are any serious issues with the build you should follow these steps:
- Boot into recovery mode by holding Home, Power and Volume Up at the same time.
- Select Factory Reset or wipe, both of which will erase all your data
- Select reboot and that's it.
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md5 to AP
- Make sure re-partition is NOT
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
Here are a couple of screens for your delight.