- Buy a phone and a plan from AT&T
- Transfer your phone number
- Trade in your phone for a Promotion Card that can be worth up to $250
- You will receive your $200 Switcher's Bill Credit by the time of your third bill
We wrote a while back that Sprint had plans of buying T-Mobile which would mean that the balance of power would be somewhat restored within the United States. AT&T also had plans of buying T-Mobile back in 2011 when they made a bid of $39 billion that led to the United States Department of Justice suing in order to prevent the merger from happening. At that time there were also indications that the FCC would not agree with such a merger because it would affect competition substantially. Because of these, the acquisition never did take place. But now, with Sprint, things seem to be taking a different turn. There are chances that the merger will actually happen and the amount of cash is significantly smaller, $19 billion for a majority at T-Mobile. This would explain AT&T's recent course of action: they are offering up to $450 to people who are willing to switch carriers, as in move to AT&T from T-Mobile. Still everyone from any other carrier is welcomed by AT&T but they will not be eligible for the $450.How does this work? Well there are two ways you can make the switch. The first includes you switching your phone and has the following steps:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool