Are the slick features of the Galaxy S7 making you one jealous iPhone owner? Well, never fear because now you can have your cake and eat it too. Learn below how you can get the best of both worlds by making some simple tweaks to your iPhone.
First thing’s first. To turn your iPhone into a Galaxy S7, you’ll have to jailbreak it.
The iPhone Edge jailbreak for iOS9 lets you access certain information by swiping towards the right on the edge of your phones display, just like on an S7.
This will give you quick access to the apps you use the most and other info. You can also customize different tasks and display your favorite contacts with this hack.
What is jailbreaking? A quick 10-second explanation
Jailbreaking is the process of getting rid of iOS software restrictions.
It gives the user root access to the iOS manager and file systems, which allows you to download themes, extensions, and apps that aren’t available on the Apple App Store.
So, other than getting the sweet edge feature for your phone, why would you want to jailbreak your device anyway?
3 awesome things you can do with a jailbroken iPhone
1. Turn your iPhone into a free mobile hotspot
2. Catch a thief who has stolen your phone
3. Play Nintendo games!
Now, let’s go into the nitty gritty of how to jailbreak your iPhone.
The Edge Jailbreak: How to jailbreak your iPhone
Before you begin you’ll need access to:
- Windows or Mac OS X computer
- The iPhone you want to jailbreak
- A copy of iTunes
1. First you’ll want to backup iPhone.
2. Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup and select Back Up Now
3. Disable your device’s passcode. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and turn off you passcode (not necessary if you don’t have a passcode)
4. Turn on Airplane mode: Open your control panel by swiping up and click on the airplane icon.
5. Download Pangu by clicking on this link. This is the software that you will use to jailbreak your phone.
You will also need to download iTunes if you don’t have it already. You can get that by clicking here.
6. Once you download Pangu, open it.
7. Plug your iPhone into your computer.
8. When your iPhone recognizes Pangu, pick the Start option.
9. Click Already Backup
10. Wait while your phone reboots and Pangu will instruct you to turn on Airplane mode again. Once you do that, the software will continue to run.
11. Pangu will eventually ask you to open the Pangu app on your home screen. Open the app and allow it to have access to your photos.
12. Your iPhone will reboot once more. Once it has rebooted, disable airplane mode and open Cydia.
13. Enjoy your new jailbroken iPhone! Oh should I say your “S7”?
What do you use your jailbroken iOS device for?
Let us know in the comments below.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: