With an Android device you might face a problem making Videotron 3G work properly. If you observe 3G not working after you’ve upgraded your Android device from firmware to generic, you might not be able to access 3G using your cell phone. This may also happen after rooting and factory resetting. This problem occurs because of the deactivation of your APN (Access Point Name) settings.
Follow these steps to connect with Videotron 3G network through your Android mobile device.
Firstly, you need to enter proper APN information pertained with your network.
- Start from “Settings”
- Select “Wireless and Networks” option available at the top of settings menu.
- Here you will find different options, including Bluetooth settings, VPN settings and others. Choose “Mobile Network” from the menu to set APN.
- Here, you can see different setting options for mobile network. Choose “Access Point Name” from the list.
- Edit access point information by adding Name, APN, Proxy, Port and other information as displayed.
Second, you need to enter details of Videotron acess point. There are few places where you are not required to enter any information. Follow the steps to complete Videotron access point setting as listed below:
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
- Write “Videotron” in place of name
- APN will be “media videotron”
- Enter proxy – 10.208.89.17
- Enter port information – 8080
- Leave username, password, and server information as <blank>
- Videotron’s MMSC will be
- Enter MMS Proxy as “10.208.89.17”
- MMS Port is 8080
- MCC – 302 and MNC – 500
- Leave authentication type as <blank>
- The APN type will be set as default, supl or mms
Last, save the APN settings and wait for your device to access Videotron 3G network. It will start soon. Once connected, you’re free to enjoy 4.9Mb/s download speed, HD video streaming and voice calls with crystal clear sound.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE:
Similar / posts
October 10 2014
October 08 2014