A Chromecast is the perfect tool for beaming content from a phone or tablet straight to your TV. In some cases, Chromecast can serve as full replacement for actual smart TV accessories. If you haven’t gotten yourself a Chromecast, then you definitely should, it only goes for US$35. For those who have purchased one already and have no idea how to set it up, then this article is for you.
How to use your Android device to set up a Chromecast
At the back of your TV, find the HDMI input and have your Chromecast plugged in.
- Check if there is a free USB port on your TV and plug in your Chromecast. If the USB port is in use, proceed to using the available power adapter to have your device connected to an outlet.
- Switch the input channel of your TV to match the one connected to your Chromecast.
- Go to the Google Play Store and install the Google Cast Android app on your phone.
- Open the Google Cast app, accept the terms and then login into your Gmail account to follow the instructions provided.
- After the initial setup is successfully completed, you should see the main page appear.
- Once your Chromecast shows up, hit the Devices option and then tap Set Up.
- You should see a code pop up on both your smartphone and TV screens. Check that codes displayed on both devices are the same.
- You will be prompted to enter a unique name for your Chromecast. You can choose to do so, or keep the default one that appears. Once you’re done, tap Set Name.
- Thereafter, you will need to select a Wi-Fi network for your Chromecast. Follow the necessary steps and then hit Set Network.
- Your Chromecast might begin to update, simply wait for it to finish.
Once its done, your Chromecast device should launch automatically. At this point, you can begin enjoying a first-rate Google Cast experience.
When everything is set up, make sure that all the applications on your device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast devices. All compatible apps should then display a Cast icon, which when tapped upon, allows the content on an app’s current screen to be displayed on your large TV screen. In addition to this, you can also use your smartphone for easy controls.
Have you set up your Chromecast device? Any issues? Let us know in the comments.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: