It is vital to make sure that your Samsung Smart TV firmware software version is up to date. To download the latest firmware, you will need a USB memory stick and a computer.
How to Update Your Samsung Smart TV Automatically
- Turn on your TV – Make sure that your Smart TV is connected to internet. It is recommended that you leave your device on for at least 6 minutes.
- Using the remote control, open your TV’s options menu. This is done by clicking the ‘Menu’ button.
- Using the down arrow on your remote control go to ‘Support’ tab and then select ‘Software Update option, then select ‘Online’ option.
- As long as the Samsung Smart TV is connected to internet, it will connect automatically to the Samsung servers for an update. If there’s an update available, it starts installing automatically.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Followed The Steps But the TV Didn’t Update?
If your TV fails to update, it is because there is no update at all. However, in some cases, some Samsung TVs aren’t capable of automatic updates, so it might fail to detect a new firmware update.
In case your Smart TV fails to install the firmware automatically, follow the steps below to install the latest firmware manually on your device.
How to Manually Update Firmware Version on Your Samsung Smart TV
NB: This process may reset your TV to its default settings. However, the channels and other information in your TV won’t be deleted. Before you begin the process below, make sure that your take note of the changes you’ve already made.
Steps to Manually Update Your Samsung TV to the latest firmware
- Download The Firmware From Samsung’s Website
- Download the latest firmware for your specific Samsung TV model form Samsung website. You’ll need to find out the model of your TV. The link below can aid in finding the model number
- After you are aware of your model number, use the link below to download the latest version
Installing The New Version on Your Smart TV
IMPORTANT: The firmware file you have downloaded from the website is a compressed file with extension .EXE so you’ll need a computer with Microsoft windows to decompress the file
- Run the file you’ve downloaded – When asked where you want to have the files contents unzipped, select a USB drive with sufficient capacity.
- Turn on the Smart TV – Once downloading is complete and unzipped on the USB drive, plug it in Your TV using a USB port. It is vital you disconnect any other USB ports you’ve connected to your device.
- Using a remote control; press the MENU button. Go to the very last tab ‘Support’ and then select ‘Software Upgrade’.
Select ‘By USB’ option. You will see this message on the screen. “Scanning USB…This may take more than 1 min’
One the process is over, your Smart TV will turn off automatically. You will have installed the latest firmware version in Your Smart TV
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.