- In order to make the screen responsive again, if nothing responds to touch, you have to remove the battery for around 30 seconds, with the device still on. After that, replace the battery and turn on the device. The screen should be responsive again.
- If the freeze was caused by an application that you installed, or during playing a game, you should uninstall that app to avoid further issues.
If you own an Android Samsung Galaxy device, you may have experienced at least once the problem with unresponsive screen and buttons on your device. The device is completely locked down and not responding on touch. This may be caused by a third-party app or by overheating or lack of RAM memory.The most frequent issue us the Samsung Galaxy's screen becoming unresponsive suddenly or after experiencing a few moments of slow speed on the device, usually during playing a game. Normally devices with low RAM memory experience this.Also you can experience this issue if your device was faced with physical or water damage. This is the worst case scenario though.How to fix the unresponsive screen on Samsung Galaxy devices:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool