The Samsung Galaxy S5 is one of the most powerful smartphones in the market. The S5 leverages fantastic features that make it an amazing device. In this post, we look at some cool Galaxy S5 tips and tricks that can all the same enhance your use experience.
Cinema mode is the best way to play games and watch videos. This mode has the best color replication which makes viewing more enjoyable. Be certain to use it!
Transferring old contacts
The most unfortunate and frustrating thing when changing phones, is transferring data from an old phone to a new one. Fortunately, there is a solution to this kind of problem. If you don’t have the old phone, download the Twitter and Facebook applications. After downloading, you will be asked whether your contacts data can be merged to your new phone. In case you have your old phone, take these steps to transfer your contacts.
- Go to the People/contacts application
- Proceed to the Settings menu
- Go to the merge contacts/account.
- Through the Google Account sync all the contacts
- When you login on another phone the contacts will be presented on the phone.
Checking the latest software update on your S5
Although phones let you know any software update, you can check the updates for yourself. This is how to do it.
- Go to the settings Menu
- Click the “About Device” option
- Select Software update at the top of the Menu
- Click “Update Now option
- A new update is then searched
- If there is an update you can install it
How to use the USB 3.0
The Galaxy S5 is one of the few phones with USB 3.0. The USB has a fantastic designed port at the bottom instead of the microUSB which is found in many handsets. You need to use the USB with a USB 3.0 port on a laptop or a PC. The USB 3.0 is often in blue. The USB speeds up transferring of files. It also quickens charging.
How to uninstall applications
A new Galaxy S5 has many pre-installed applications. Some of the applications like the Google Mail may not of any use to the handset’s user. In case you want to uninstall some of the applications, follow this procedure:
- Go to the application menu
- Click the Uninstall/disable apps option
- You will see the minus icon on every app.
- Get rid of the unwanted apps
Getting rid of photos on your phone
Getting rid of photos is what people do now and then. Galaxy S5 camera captures photos which are worth printing out. With the Galaxy S5, you can easily email your photos. Here is a procedure of getting photos off your phone:
- Go to the gallery application
- On the outline that looks like the a triangle with 3 nodes, tap
- Share the photos to the Gmail
To transfer a many photos at once you have to use a USB cable. Once you are plugged into a PC, the S5 storage will show as a disk drive. Go to the DCIM folder then to the Camera folder. You will see your photos arranged systematically. Just drag and drop them.
Samsung Galaxy S5 has little icons that can store many applications. Tap on those icons to spill their contents. Those icons are used only in the home screen. To create a folder, follow these guidelines:
- Hold a finger on an icon for 3 seconds
- Drag it to the Create Folder at the top of the screen
- A folder for the app will be made at the home screen
How to hide the apps that you don’t use
You can hide applications in your Galaxy S5 without totally destroying them. You can hide the apps that you don’t want people to see them or those applications that you don’t use often. To hide the apps; go to the 3-pip icon and tap it, select the Hide Apps option. To access the Hidden apps, go back to the app menu then tap “Show Hidden Apps”
How to make your own wallpaper in your S5 handset
To use a photo on the S5, go to the Gallery App, find a favorite photo then tap the 3-pip icon. A sub-menu will be availed. Tap the “Set as” option. Then choose the set as your home screen wallpaper. You can also crop the photo you have selected.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: