Samsung has brought a load of improvements with its latest Galaxy S7 flagships, the Galaxy S7 and the much larger Galaxy S7 Edge bundling a much revamped design and build quality, a significant bump to the its latest processing package, an improved camera, enhanced battery life as well as the inclusion of water and dust resistance and a much needed expandable memory. However, like most modern generation smartphones and tablets, these great handsets come with their own selection of issues. To help you out, here are some of the common issues that owners of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge face, and some of the ways you can fix them.
“Warning, Camera failed” error
Several users have discovered that whenever they launch the camera app, a blank screen pops up followed up by a message saying “warning, camera failed”. This issue has been witnessed primarily on the Galaxy S7, though a couple of Galaxy S7 Edge owners have encountered the issue as well.
It appears that the issue could be stemming from the Smart Stay feature. Using the front camera, Smart Stay keeps track of the instances when you look at the phone, which appears to be causing a problem when launching the main camera. As a temporary solution, try disabling the Smart Stay feature by heading into Settings then under the Display section.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Issue with the microSD cards
To everyone’s delight, the launch of the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge saw Samsung bring back microSD card support. However a few users have experience some issues in relation to it. For instance, a number of persistent popups related to microSD card have been appearing randomly, several times a day. While it seems like the presence of the microSD card makes the device take a bit longer to wake.
- As for the random persistent popups, many users have suggested that formatting of the microSD card in to the exFAT format almost always resolves the issue. Though a lot of users have found the issue to be more hardware related, thus the only choice is to look for a replacement.
- On the other hand, the issue of taking too long to wake, this seems to occur with particular brands of microSD cards more than others, which also includes cards from Samsung. A recent software update was made available by Samsung, which fixes this issue, so ensure that your Galaxy S7 variant is running on the latest software update.
Unresponsive buttons and capacitive keys
Some users come across issues with the power and volume down keys suddenly not working, while in other scenarios the capacitive key for Recent Apps as well as the physical home button may at times become unresponsive. However the latter problem is more often experienced with the Galaxy S7 Edge specifically.
- The culprit in both cases may be a rogue app. Therefore, reboot your device into the Safe Mode and see if the problem is still present. If the problem persists, then try uninstalling the apps that you downloaded on your device right before the issue started, this should fix it.
- A factory reset almost always does the trick. Hold down the power button together with volume down key for a couple of seconds, till you see your device restarting. For example, when the buttons appear to not be unresponsive, this method works effectively.
- Car Mode is found to be responsible in the case where the Recent Apps and physical home buttons are not working. Try disabling the Car Mode via settings and check if that works.
“moisture detected” alert and distorted audio
Among the Galaxy S7 and the S7 Edge’s great features is their water and dust resistance with an IP68 rating. This means that the handsets can stay under 1.5 meters of water for up to 30 minutes without any noticeable negative effect on performance. However, users report of the speakers’ audio sounding a bit distorted while others say that their smartphones have trouble charging, with a “moisture detected” message suddenly popping up.
Don’t worry, the issue will most certainly fade away while the device continues to dry up. Whenever you submerge your device in to the water, ensure that you wipe it dry as soon as its out of the water, and if you are concerned, try dipping it into a bag of rice. Do not under any circumstances use a blow dryer, as the internal components may be affected by the extreme heat. The “moisture detected” alert is only a safety measure that helps avoid any issues that may arise when you plug your device in to the charger.
Stock Samsung keyboard’s auto correct issue
Quite a number of users of the handsets have experienced a few glitches when using the auto replace feature of Samsung’s stock keyboard. For example, when you end a sentence with an question mark or an exclamation mark, the word that’s been auto corrected changes into something entirely different and irrelevant.
Consider transitioning to a third-party key, with a variety downloadable from the Google Play Store. Hopefully in the future we can expect Samsung to release an update to address this issue.
However, don’t let this issues turn you away from the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge. Most of these problems don’t even balance out to the exceptional features that you get to enjoy and you probably won’t encounter any of these issues. In case we missed any other problem, let us know in the comments section below.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: