Whatsapp is one of the most widely used messaging apps on the Android ecosystem. Considering its immense success, and the fact that up to 10 percent of the global population use it every month, its not hard to imagine why its the ideal messaging app for most people. However, with its great features we rarely focus on the problems that users may encounter within the app. Here are just a few of the most common Whatsapp problems and solutions you should try.
Unable to install Whatsapp
To be able to install the latest Whatsapp version, your smartphone needs to be powered by an Android 2.1 version or higher. Note that by the end of 2016, Whatsapp will no longer support Android versions of 2.1 and 2.2. Check your handset’s current version of Android in Settings >> About Phone.
It you are attempting to download the Whatsapp app directly from the official Whatsapp website consider enabling Unknown Sources in the security settings on your phone. Navigate into Settings >> Security >> Unknown Sources to enable it.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Unable to connect to Whatsapp
Wi-Fi or data connectivity issues are usually responsible for whatever Whatsapp connection problems you encounter. If you are unable to call a friend or send them messages, then here are a few things to try:
- Ensure you have the latest version of Whasapp installed.
- Check that you have an internet connection, either Wi-Fi or 3G network data should be enabled. Go to Settings >> Wireless and Network.
- Make sure that your Whatsapp is not being affected by a Task Killer app.
- Clear the app cache. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Whatsapp >> Clear Cache.
- The last option, is to consider installing and then reinstalling the app.
Contacts not recognized by Whatsapp
There are some reasons this would happen, but here are a few simple solutions:
- Check that you have the right contact numbers, or rather the ones they use on Whatsapp.
- Make sure that they have an active Whatsapp account.
- Make sure that your Whatsapp is up to date by installing the latest version available.
- Check that all your contacts in the contacts list are set to ‘viewable‘ or ‘visible‘.
- Ensure that all your contact groups in your contact list are ‘visible‘ and/or ‘viewable‘.
Can’t Delete Whatsapp account
First off, keep in mind that deleting your Whatsapp account is not the same thing as deleting the Whatsapp app and vice versa. If you decide you don’t want Whatsapp on your phone, you can simply uninstall it. However, if you want to later on, you can install it once again from the Play Store which won’t be the same as having deleted your account.
- If you want to uninstall the Whatsapp app fro your device then, head into Settings >> Apps >> find the Whatsapp app and tap Uninstall.
- To completely cut ties with Whatsapp and delete your account entirely: Launch Whatsapp tap Menu >> Settings >> Account >> Delete My Account and then confirm your phone number. In this section, you will also be able to change the Whatsapp number associated with the account.
Stop people from knowing you’ve read their messages
If you have already updated your Whatsapp messenger app to the 2.11.444 version, then you can stop Whatsapp read receipts (the blue check marks). This will prevent your Whatsapp contacts from knowing whether you read their messages or not. This however, works both ways, if disble this then you also won’t be able to know if and when your messages are read. Go to Settings >> Account >> Privacy >> Read Receipts.
What other Whatsapp problems have you encountered? Let us know in the comments.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: