- Sometimes it is the router that has the problem, not the device, So in order to see where the problem comes from, you should test the connection with other devices and see if they work. If they don't work, then it's the router that you will need to change. If the router is working with other devices, then you should still try to use another router to see if it fixes the issue. Preferably use a router that is not made by the same manufacturer as the previous one.
- Disable WiFi Power Saver Mode. You can dial *#0011# and then enter the menu and look for this option. Disable the mode and see if the problem was fixed.
- Change the security settings from WPA2 to WEP. However, this is not a recommended solution as WEP doesn't provide you with enough security for your connection, so if there is someone who knows what he's doing he can easily use your internet connection. Additionally you could try WPA only or WPA2 TKIP and see if this works.
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool