Prerequisites for Android Lollipop PureX ROM Installation
This guide is only for the Sony Xperia Z model and should not be tried on any other Xperia model.Ensure that your Sony Xperia Z device is rooted and then install a ClockworkMod recovery tool. This tool will come handy, as this installation may wipe your device’s data.Wipe your Dalvik Cache before entering onto the recovery modeAfter the installation of this Custom ROM, Sony PC Companion may not detect your device.Backup all your data before proceeding.
- On your PC, download PureX Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom firmware.
- Connect your Sony Xperia Z to your PC using a USB cable
- Copy the downloaded custom firmware zip file onto your SD card and no other folder.
- Turn OFF your Sony Xperia Z and then unplug it from the computer
- Switch your device into Recovery Mode. Simply hold down the Home, Volume Up and Power keys simultaneously to do this.
- On the ClockworkMod Recovery, perform a full factory reset to wipe your device’s data. On the Recovery mode, use the Volume Key to scroll and the Power button to select options.
- Afterwards, wipe your device’s cache by tapping the ‘wipe cache partition’ option.
- Though optional, perform a full dalvik cache wipe this ensures that you will not experience errors such as boot loops during the installation process.
- Back on the recovery mode main menu, select the ‘install zip from SD card’
- Tap on ‘choose zip from sdcard’ then scroll to the saved Android 5.1.1 custom firmware zip file in your SD card and confirm the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, return to ‘+++++Go Back+++++’ and on the recovery screen menu, select ‘reboot system now’ to reboot your Sony Xperia Z.
- It will take a few minutes to reboot, but once its done, your Sony Xperia Z is now updated to PureX Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM.