An installation of Android Marshmallow is now available for Nexus 9 LTE and WiFi models. This Marshmallow update version is a MRA58K build number and is compatible with Nexus 9 LTE and WiFi models. Flashing the firmware on any other device may damage or brick the device. Ensure you download the right custom ROM for your device and that data on your device is backed up.
How to Install:
- On your Computer begin by downloading ADB tools.
- Download either Nexus 9 Wi-Fi Android Marshmallow or Nexus 9 LTE Android Marshmallow and save in the ADB tool folder.
- Install an unlocked bootloader (an app like BootUnlocker for Nexus Devices can help) and enable USB debugging, this helps to avoid any errors in the installation process.
- Install the necessary Google drivers.
- Once you are done, Switch your Nexus 9 off and restart into the bootloader by long-pressing the Power and Volume Down simultaneously.
- Plug the Nexus device into a computer using a USB cable.
- Find the downloaded firmware/ custom ROM you saved in the folder for ADB Tools by simply launching the Windows Explorer.
- Double tap the flash-all.bat file to begin the installation process.
- When the process is over, the Nexus 9 will reboot and by this time it should have started running on Android Marshmallow.
NOTE: If you are stuck in the boot screen, you can easily resolve this problem. Return to the bootloader, wipe the cache partition using the Volume buttons to choose Recovery Mode and the Power key to confirm, after this reboot. Alternatively, select a factory reset or wipe data in the Recovery menu.
Side Note: Looking to start your own website/blog? We highly recommend using Bluehost, and you can get started now at $2.95/month, which is an exclusive deal only available here on Updato!
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: