The official Samsung Galaxy S3 update to Android 4.1.2 was just released a few days ago. The update brings a lot of new features for the device such as Galaxy Note 2’s Multi Window, Page Buddy, Paper Artist app and lots of other.
This ROM has some modification to the Stock Android 4.1.2 XXELKC:
- Adb insecure
- init d.support
- Stock CSC
- Stock Modem
- Updated market apks
!!! Before proceeding with the installation, make sure you know what you are doing and that you understand the risks of installing Custom ROMs. We cannot be held responsible for any damage that occurs to your device. Make sure you follow the instructions precisely to avoid any complications.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
- Custom Recovery
- BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING
- Download Rooted-i9300XXELK4_4.1.2.zip and copy it on your phone’s sd card
- Turn off the device
- Enter Recovery Mode (press Volume up + Home + Power buttons)
- Do a full wipe (Wipe data/factory reset, Wipe cache)
- Select ‘Install zip from sd card’ and select the zip file from step 1
- Wait for the installation to complete
- After the reboot you should have rooted Android 4.1.2 XXELKC installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3 device.
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
Now that you have a rooted Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.2 you can install different MODs created especially for this ROM.
- The first MOD offers:
- Crt off animation
- Extended power menu
- Call recording
- Multi window with unlimited apps
- InkEffect (v2)
- Updated google search
- (Download here). Flash it using CWM Recovery after you isntall this ROM.
- SNote for Galaxy S3 MOD (Download here). Flash using CWM Recovery.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: