Google Nexus S, one of the older devices that can still perform well, can now be updated to Android 4.2.1. This is not official, but through CyanogenMod’s latest CM 10.1 M1 build, the first stable version so far. This will be updated once a month and it is only available for certain devices. Even though the latest official update for Nexus S is Android 4.1.2, this should not stop you from experimenting with 4.2.
The CyanogenMod Team was recently developing CM 10.1 nightly for Google Nexus S GT-I9020, and now it has launched their first stable version for Google Nexus S GT-I9020, CM 10.1 M-Series. Luckily, Google Nexus S GT-I9020 is one of the devices that can get the stable build.
CM 10.1 M-series for Google Nexus S GT-I9020 is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-crespo-M1.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
QUICK NOTE: Free firmware downloads are made possible thanks in part to BlueHost Hosting & Dedicated Servers – Updato's #1 choice for hosting and storage solutions! Show your support and check 'em out.
- Google Nexus S GT-I9020
- CWM Recovery and root
- Full Nandroid backup
- USB drivers for Google Nexus S GT-I9020 installed
Important!! Installing CM 10.1 M Series (cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-crespo-M1.zip) on Google Nexus S GT-I9020 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Google Nexus S GT-I9020.
How to install CM 10.1 M Series on Google Nexus S GT-I9020:
- Connect Google Nexus S GT-I9020 to the computer and move Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-crespo-M1.zip on the Sd card (don’t extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the Google Nexus S GT-I9020 in Recovery Mode (Press Volume Up + Power and select Recovery )
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-crespo-M1.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your Google Nexus S GT-I9020 to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
Congratulations! Now you should have CM 10.1 M Series installed on your Google Nexus S GT-I9020.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: