The 10 inches tablet from Samsung, the Galaxy Tab 2 the WiFi version can now be updated to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean thanks to CyanogenMod. The CM 10.1 M1 build for Tab 2 P5113 is ready for daily usage and will only receive updates once a month. There is no longer need to use the nightly version.
The CyanogenMod Team was recently developing CM 10.1 nightly for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113, and now it has launched their first stable version for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113, CM 10.1 M-Series. Luckily, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 is one of the devices that can get the stable build.
CM 10.1 M-series for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-p5110-M1.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
- Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113
- CWM Recovery and root
- Full Nandroid backup
- USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 installed
Important!! Installing CM 10.1 M Series (cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-p5110-M1.zip) on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113.
How to install CM 10.1 M Series on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113:
- Connect Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 to the computer and move Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-p5110-M1.zip on the Sd card (don’t extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 in Recovery Mode (Press Volume Down + Power )
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-p5110-M1.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
Congratulations! Now you should have CM 10.1 M Series installed on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: