- Connect Galaxy S2 I9100 to the computer and move aokp_i9100_jb-mr1_build-4.zip and Google Apps on the Sd card (don't extract).
- Disconnect and turn off the device.
- Boot the Galaxy S2 I9100 in Recovery Mode (Press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home).
- Make sure you did the Nandroid backup. If not, do it now.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then Format/system.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose aokp_i9100_jb-mr1_build-4.zip from the sd card, then press Install.
- Repeat the previous step for the Google Apps file.
- Wait for the installation on your Galaxy S2 I9100 to finish.
Galaxy S2 only received the update to Android Jelly Bean and the improvements are spectacular. Still, you may want to experience something more on your device and that's why AOKP team developed their latest ROM based on Android 4.2.2 and made it available for some devices among which is the Galaxy S2.. By installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 i9100 on your Galaxy S2 I9100 you basically update it to the latest version of Android 4.2.2. This is not the official update method for your Galaxy S2 I9100 thus you should be careful with the procedure. If you want to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 i9100 today, you can read the pre-requisites and then follow the step-by-step guide for Galaxy S2 I9100 below. Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 i9100 on your Galaxy S2 I9100, you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for Galaxy S2 I9100 installed on your computer. Important!! Installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 i9100 on Galaxy S2 I9100 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Galaxy S2 I9100. Required Downloads:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool