- Connect Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 to the computer and move aokp_d2vzw_jb-mr1_build-4.zip and Google Apps on the Sd card (don't extract).
- Disconnect and turn off the device.
- Boot the Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 in Recovery Mode (Press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home).
- Make sure you did the Nandroid backup. If not, do it now.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then Format/system.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose aokp_d2vzw_jb-mr1_build-4.zip from the sd card, then press Install.
- Repeat the previous step for the Google Apps file.
- Wait for the installation on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 to finish.
Download the latest version of the AOKP Custom ROM Build 4 based on Android 4.2.2. It brings in some bug fixes from the previous version that used 4.2.1. It is now also available for Verizon Galaxy S3 now.. By installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2vzw on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 you basically update it to the latest version of Android 4.2.2. This is not the official update method for your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 thus you should be careful with the procedure. If you want to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2vzw today, you can read the pre-requisites and then follow the step-by-step guide for Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 below.Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2vzw on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535, you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 installed on your computer.Important!! Installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2vzw on Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535.Required Downloads:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool