We enjoy sharing our knowledge with our community, and we like to give our community a voice – so if you’re interested in contributing on Updato, you’ve come to the right place.
What it takes to become a writer at Updato
Whether you’re an established author with years of experience covering all things Android, or a fan with unlimited passion but not much in your portfolio, we’re up for working with you. The most important thing is that you have the skills and the knowledge for the job and understand deeply the subjects of Samsung, Android and the mobile industry.
The second most important factor is that you possess good writing skills and able to communicate your point across efficiently. You’re going to work together with our editorial staff in order to make sure that your way of doing things and ours see eye to eye.
- All articles submitted must be original and unpublished. Once your article has been published, it will belong to Updato and you cannot (without our written permission) republish it anywhere else.
- All articles submitted must be in English.
- It’s important to us that you give credit to whom credit is due (source of information, photos, etc).
Benefits of writing for Updato
Updato is growing at an exceptional rate and here’s what we can offer you:
- Your name and brief biographical info at the bottom of your article along with a link to your official website and social accounts
- Exposure to over 4 million (and growing) readers
- Recognition and authoritative voice
- An intrinsic part in the growth of mobile community
For experienced writers monetary rewards may be offered. The amount will of course depend on the quality, volume and other factors of the article.
Each article will need to correspond with our standard, style and our main areas of interest. As such, we cannot guarantee that all guest articles written will be published.
As you can see in our latest posts, our articles are long form (3,000+ words), what we call “pillar posts”. They cover a specific topic, not a broad one, but they cover it in-depth, so much so that a reader shouldn’t look for another source on the same topic. Our main focus is quality, and we want to give our readers the chance to have Updato answer any and all questions on a specific topic.
And speaking of topics, the ones we cover are as varied as Android: we talk about apps, how to’s, physical products, the latest news in the industry, and specific niche ideas covered end to end. To be more specific, here’s a list of topics we are drown to (in that order) and how they’re defined:
- Resourceful: useful how-to’s, descriptive tutorials, tips and tricks to enhance user experience
- Articles: unique topics, opinion pieces, case studies, success stories, history, and fresh ideas that provoke intellectual discussion
- Reviews: descriptive and immersive Samsung and Android hardware as well as software/app reviews
- News: breaking stories and solidified rumors
- Freebies: provide a list of freebies and high quality mobile downloads (i.e. wallpapers, apps, custom ROMs, etc).
How to submit your article(s)
Contact us with your name, email, expertise description and your topics of interest. Be sure to also include:
- Examples to some of your work (URLs will do)
- If you have a specific topic in mind, propose an article title and a brief summary
- Include the magic word “PANDA” in your email’s subject line (all guest post requests without the magic word in the subject line will be automatically ignored)
We are always interested in long term relationships with our guest writers. We’ll provide you with more details, so you will know what we’re about.
So… Ready to take a step forward? We are always excited to meet new contacts and explore new opportunities! If you have the desire, knowledge and skill, we have an audience waiting to hear your voice! Let’s get in touch!