Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge on the Verizon Wireless have begun receiving software updates. According to the changelog, both the updates will include improvements as well as bug fixes.
The update will bring a similar version number for both the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge bumping it to MMB29K.G925VVRU4CPD2. Some of the things to expect include:
- Fixes errors with Google Play Store update and download.
- Issues with Visual Voice Mail accessibility are now resolved.
- Settings menu now include Google “Search”.
- Amazon Music app is now gone.
- A “Send Premium SMS” option has been added to the Application manager settings.
- Now a USB connection automatically brings up USB options such as File Transfer.
- Video calls can now be answered as voice calls, and when they are, the call audio is directed to the earpiece automatically. By default the video call audio will be routed from the speaker.
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
On top of all these, the update introduces a new Memory feature within the Application manager settings that displays the amount of RAM on your Galaxy device that is being used by apps, as well as how much free RAM that is currently available.
If you own one of the two Galaxy handsets, now would be a good time to go to your phone’s Settings under the About phone section and initiate the download.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: