Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 users have begun receiving a new software update from their Verizon mobile carrier. The update will bring several new features to the Galaxy S7 variants, including one that ensures that Galaxy handsets’ SIM trays are fully closed to be safe enough for waterproof uses. Basically, whenever either a Galaxy S7 or a Galaxy S7 Edge’s SIM tray is not secured, a pop-up will be displayed. In addition, there are also a few optimizations to managing how your phones’ memory is used by individual apps among others.
Some of the changes to be applied to both phones as mentioned by Verizon include:
- The latest Android security patches as well as enhancements to a variety of features and settings.
- An all new SIM/ SD Card pop-up notification for when the tray is left open.
- Application Manager now displays the performance and memory use of each app.
- Always on Display feature now with more user-friendly controls.
- Inclusion of a dual clock that shows (under Roaming) your current time even when you are outside your default time zone.
Specifically for the Galaxy S7 Edge, the update will also bring two additional features:
- Upcoming events and their location info to now be displayed in the Calendar Edge panel.
- Learn how to use the Edge screen, voice commands through S Voice, enhanced features, and new Themes, under Help >> New features.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
What’s more, useful hints have been added to the Smart Switch app, issues with Outlook email sync while on Power Saving mode have been fixed, and Network Extenders connectivity has been made more consistent.
Verizon has just begun pushing out this feature-packed update, so expect to see the update notification in a day or two. Alternatively, go into Settings >> About Phone and then check for the update.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: