- The CM13 ROM installation is only for the Galaxy Note 4.
- Make sure that bootloader is unlocked and TWRP recovery is installed on your device.
- Ensure that the right USB drivers are fixed in the computer for transfer of ROM and Google apps to the internal storage of the device.
- Ensure a minimum charge of 80% on your device to avoid unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- Back up crucial data plus settings on your device to avoid unexpected loss of data during the installation.
The sedulous Cyanogenmod crew has released a knack of how to update the Galaxy Note 4 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via the CyanogenMod 13 (CM13) which has just been released. Using a custom recovery tool such as TWRP, you can flash the CM13 ROM. You can also flash the Gapps or Google Apps once you install the blobs from your developer.Since the ROM is still being developed, a few broken aspects or untested bugs may be encountered in it, which will be fixed with the updates that will be coming soon. You are advised to flash the C013 bootloader plus modem before you install the ROM or else you may end up bricking your device since this is a necessity for running the ROM.All features such as NFC, battery life, fingerprint scanning, etc, are reported to be working well in the CM13 ROM for the Note 4. Users have also been notified that IBTimes UK will not be accountable for any damages to devices during or after installation of the ROM. Therefore, this venture is undertaken at the user's risk.The following are the prerequisites:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool