The official update to Android 4.1.2 is finally here. No more leaks no more rumors. You can now update your phone to the latest Android version for Galaxy S III right now.
The XXELKC firmware version was released in Poland. Hopefully, other regions will get the update soon. Here are the details for teh XXELKC firmware with Android 4.1.2:
- Base Firmware: I9300XXELKC (4.1.2)
- Region: Europe
- Country: Poland
- Carrier: Unbranded
- Build Date: 30 November 2012
- Modem: XXELKC
- CSC: OXXELK4
- Change List: 566833
!!!Before proceeding with the installation, make sure you know how to use ODIN. This procedure may seriously damage your device if you don’t know what you are doing. We cannot be held responsible for that.
QUICK NOTE: Free firmware downloads are made possible thanks in part to BlueHost Hosting & Dedicated Servers – Updato's #1 choice for hosting and storage solutions! Show your support and check 'em out.
How to manually install Android 4.1.2 XXELKC for Galaxy S3:
- Download I9300XXELKC_I9300OXXELK4_XEO.zip
- Extract the content from the zip file
- Turn off your Galaxy S3
- Download ODIN
- Open the ODIN version that you just downloaded
- Turn on the Galaxy S3 in Download Mode (Press Home + Volume Up + Power buttons)
- Wait for ODIN to show the yellow sign
- Click on PDA and add the .tar.md5 file that was located in the downloaded zip file
- Click START
- After reboot the installation is finished
Because this is a firmware for Poland, you will have to change the CSC of the firmware.
How to change the CSC of the phone:
- Download Samsung Galaxy S/S2/S3 CSC from Play Store
- Open the program
- Click on the ‘Change CSC’ button
- Select you Country’s CSC
- Select ‘Install’ (This will wipe all your data, so you should make a backup first)
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: