Android 4.1.2 for Samsung Galaxy S3 is now at your hand. Of course we are talking about a leaked firmware with thanks to Sammobile and forum member Saturn from xda developers for giving it to us.
An official release of Android 4.1.2 for Galaxy S3 is still to come out, while Samsung is still testing the OS. December appears to be the month with the OTA. Meanwhile, with the help of this leaked firmware you will be able to experience a whole bunch of new features added by Samsung in this new update. Let’s take a look at the new features of Android 4.1.2 for Galaxy S3:
- Note 2’s Multi Window feature!!
- Page Buddy
- Customizable Notification bar
- Smart Rotation
- Paper Artist app
- Galaxy Note 2’s Gallery app
Before proceeding with the installation read this: This is an ODIN flashable firmware repackaged by Sammobile team. The firmware is pre-rooted because the device from where the firmware leaked was also rooted. This means that once you flash this firmware your binary counter will increase. What does this mean? It means that you will not be able to take your phone to warranty becasue they will know you have voided the warranty due to this counter that will count how many times you flash a kernel or firmware that is not signed by Samsung. Also the device status will get changed to ‘modified’. If you don’t recognize any of the things I have mentioned just now, I recommend you don’t install the firmware. For those of you who know, there is no Modem in the package, the original modem will remain installed.
QUICK NOTE: Free firmware downloads are made possible thanks in part to BlueHost Hosting & Dedicated Servers – Updato's #1 choice for hosting and storage solutions! Show your support and check 'em out.
How to install update I9100XXELK4 on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9100:
- Download I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_ILO.zip
- Unzip the archive. It will contain Odin and the update files
- Run Odin v3.04 (from the package)
- Turn off the device
- Restart into Download Mode (Press Home + Power + Volume Down simultaneously)
- Connect the Galaxy S3 to the USB port to the PC
- In Odin, click on the PDA button and choose the I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_HOME.tar.md5 file
- Look at the Re-partition option and make sure it is NOT checked
- Click on Start to begin with the installation
- Wait until the flashing is done and for the phone to reboot
This is it. You can now test the features of Android 4.1.2 on your Galaxy S3 and I’m very sure you’ll be really excited about it!
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE:
Similar / posts
December 05 2012