Thanks to XDA member ‘ausdim’, the LTE version of the Galaxy S3, I9305, can now enjoy the latest Galaxy S3 official Android 4.1.2 update version XXELKC.
The official update for the I9305 was not yet released by Samsung, but this one works exactly as an official update. The ROM is almost untouched, so it is basically the same as it arrives on Galaxy S3 devices via OTA. There are though some modifications brought to the rom. The ROM is rooted with SU and BusyBox.
If you didn’t know already, here are the new features that you will get after updating your Galaxy S3 I9305 to Android 4.1.2 XXELKC:
- Multi Window mode, same as in Galaxy Note 2
- Page Buddy
- Galaxy Note 2’s Gallery app
- Possibility to customize the Notification Panel
- Smart Rotation
- Paper Artist app
- Group Case app
- Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE
- CWM Recovery
!!! Before proceeding with the installation you have to understand that we cannot be held responsible for anything bad that may happen to your device after this installation. This is not an official procedure and there are risks involved. Make sure you understand the procedure first.
BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA.
How to update Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE to Android 4.1.2 XXELKC (Ported from Galaxy S3 I9300):
- Download GT-I9305_XXELKC_NO-WIPE.zip
- Turn off the device
- Enter Recovery Mode (Press Volume up + Power + Home buttons)
- Full wipe your device (Optional)
- Select ‘ Install zip from sd card’
- Choose the file downloaded at step 1
- Wait for the installation to finish and the device to reboot
You should now have the latest Android 4.1.2 firmware installed on your Galaxy S3 I9305 device.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE:
Similar / posts
December 02 2012