Samsung Galaxy S3 was launched a few months ago, and already sold over 20 million units worldwide. It originally came out with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich but with the release of the Jelly Bean version, everybody wanted the new OS. Even so, the official release is still rolling out in several countries while other countries didn’t even got it yet. It is an ongoing process still.
Developers are working really hard to make really cool custom ROMs for Android users, and CyanogenMod 10 is a very well seen custom ROM. You can update your phone to the CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1 version if you cannot wait for the official update any more, or if you simply enjoy having a Custom ROM rather then the stock firmware.
We will describe below the steps of how to install this update, with thanks to the XDA Developers member XpLoDWilD . Remember that this is an official nightly version, so it still presents some lacks.
QUICK NOTE: Free firmware downloads are made possible thanks in part to BlueHost Hosting & Dedicated Servers – Updato's #1 choice for hosting and storage solutions! Show your support and check 'em out.
Before proceeding with the installation let’s see if you have everything set:
– A Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with official Android 4.0 installed. Other devices are not supported.
– A backup of all the personal data just in case
Important: This is not an official ROM. If you decide to flash this custom ROM on your device it means you agree with the risks and you cannot hold us responsible if something bad happens to your device. However if you follow the instructions precisely, and if you meet the requirements, there shouldn’t be any problem
How to install CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1. Official Nightly On Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300?
1. Download the latest version of CyanogenMod 10 Nightly for Galaxy S3 iI9300. Download Google Apps package.
2. Copy the downloaded files to the SD card of the device.
3. Turn the phone off and reboot into ClockworkMod recovery ( Press Vol Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time)
4. Go the the Backup & Restore menu and choose Backup. This will perform a backup of your current OS.
5. After that click on the “Select zip from sd card” button. Choose the file that you downloaded at step 1 with the CyanogenMod 10 ROM.
6. Do the same thing for the Google Apps Package that you downloaded at step 1.
7. Last thing you have to do is to perform a “wipe data/factory reset:
8. Select “Reboot Now”. This will reboot your Galaxy S3 with the ClockworkMod 10 Nightly Android 4.1 flashed. Done!
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE:
Similar / posts
October 15 2012
October 14 2012