N-ify is an Xposed module launched back in March that is built to emulate a couple of Android N’s best features. Initially, it only provided a few Android N features including subtitles for the Settings menu (the descriptions displayed under the main sections in the Settings menu) and a double-tap feature for switching to the last used app. However, the latest 0.2.0 version has just been released and it brings additional functionality.
According to the changelog, this huge update introduces three major features that were previously only available on the Android N preview: the latest quick settings, the newly designed notification and the newly designed recents. But the list doesn’t end there, here are more features to check out for:
- A new design for the status bar header
- Additional double-tap fixes
- The Recents button can now be used to navigate through Recents, return to last used app, as well as return to the current app.
- About screen in app.
- An option has been added to restart SystemUI.
- Feature to force English app language.
- Switching between app themes.
- Translations for Dutch, Polish, Thai, French, Farsi, Ukrainian, Russian, Turkish, and Vietnamese and Korean.
Most of the features look similar to Android N’s, except for the recent apps cards which looks a bit different.
N-ify developer MrWasdennnoch promises to feature even more functions based on the Android N OS, with his sights set on quick settings animation, quick reply, night mode and many more.
Unfortunately, there are some known issues attached to N-ify version 0.2.0 such as the recents’ clear button occasionally misbehaving and the volume bar and heads-up notifications being the wrong size on a few devices.
N-ify is compatible with devices that run on Lollipop or Marshmallow with no major OEM modifications required. While stock devices won’t experience any issues, those running on LG UX or TouchWiz might. You’ll need to have root permissions to have the Xposed framework installed.
Have you tried the N-ify? Let us know how its working out for you in the comments.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: