As you know, Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S2 was released first in Spain a few days ago and fulfilled the wish of millions of users that have been expecting the update for months now. The Jelly Bean update was simply the most expected update in the entire Android community. You can install the stock XWLS8 Android 4.1.2 with Odin on your Galaxy S2, or you can wait for the official update to hit Kies in your country.
This tutorial serves the users that want to install the pre-rooted (Chainfire’s superuser su 0.99 and busybox 1.20.2.), zipaligned and deodexed version of XWLS8 Android 4.1.2 for Galaxy S2 I9100. The benefit of doing this is that you don’t have to wait for rooting kits to appear and you don’t have to do 2 things separately.
Before proceeding with installing the pre-rooted Android 4.1.2 XWLS8, please note that this procedure is risky and can brick your device. You have to continue at your own risk, and we cannot be held responsible for any damage.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 (check Model Number in Settings > About phone)
- CWM Recovery installed
- Nandroid backup
How to install pre-rooted Android 4.1.2 XWLS8 on Galaxy S2 I9100:
- Move the downloaded zip archive on the sd card of your Galaxy S2.
- Turn off the device
- Turn on in Recovery Mode (Press volume up and power buttons. Leave both buttons when you see the SAMSUNG logo. Then press menu soft key and wait).
- Perform a Wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Install zip from sd card, choose the GT-I9100-XWLS8-FOP-deodexed-by-tedascuen.zip.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Then press reboot in the Recovery menu.
This should install Android 4.1.2 pre-rooted on your Galaxy S2.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: